Grade Appeals

The process for grade disputes between students and faculty is as follows:


  1. The student meets with the supervising instructor to discuss the grade; an instructor may refer the student to the teaching or lab assistant who was responsible for the evaluation of student work, but the instructor ultimately remains accountable.
  2. If unsatisfied, the student appeals to the department chair, or whomever the department designates to handle grade disputes.
  3. If still unsatisfied after appealing to the chair, the student may appeal to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.


Note that each succeeding appeal reduces the chance for a grade change, generally speaking.


For more information see grade_appeals_form_student_version.pdf.