• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • You already know Dokkio is an AI-powered assistant to organize & manage your digital files & messages. Very soon, Dokkio will support Outlook as well as One Drive. Check it out today!


Academic Dishonesty

Page history last edited by elizabeth labate 6 years, 8 months ago


Academic Dishonesty


The resolution of academic dishonesty violations are governed by Chapter 11 of the Institutional Rules on Student Services and Activities in the General Information Catalog.  Academic dishonesty violations can be resolved by either the individual faculty member through a “faculty disposition” process or directly referred to Student Judicial Services (SJS) in the Office of the Dean of Students.


As students are afforded legal and due process rights during the resolution of academic dishonesty violations, all faculty members are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the university’s process or contact SJS for assistance or guidance.


For more detailed information, please refer to the Student Conduct and Academic Integrity and the Disposition Referral Form.


General Classroom Misconduct


In addition to instances of academic dishonesty, faculty members may also encounter students who are presenting concerning, disturbing, and/or problematic behavior.  Students you suspect have violated a university rule, should be referred to Student Judicial Services (SJS) in the Office of the Dean of Students.  For quick reference, see the non-academic disciplinary process flowchart. For more detailed information on non-academic violations, click here.


If a student is engaging in behavior that causes you to be concerned about their health or safety or that of others, you can contact Student Emergency Services (SES) in the Office of the Dean of Students.  SES will reach out to the student and handle referrals for appropriate care when necessary.  While you can reach SES directly at 512-471-5017, faculty members may also use the Behavior Concerns Advice Line (BCAL) to report and/or seek guidance in dealing with students who exhibit behavior that causes concern.


Specific guidance for faculty members dealing with students presenting distressing or disruptive behavior can be found here Student/Classroom Problems.

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.