• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • You already know Dokkio is an AI-powered assistant to organize & manage your digital files & messages. Very soon, Dokkio will support Outlook as well as One Drive. Check it out today!


Student-Related Campus Resources

Page history last edited by Casey Bushman 5 years ago

Student Well-being


Counseling and Mental Health (CMHC)

SSB 4th floor, 512-471-3515



The Counseling and Mental Health Center (CMHC) helps students with their personal concerns so they can meet the daily challenges of student life. The CMHC is staffed by psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and other licensed mental health professionals. CMHC’s 24-hour phone counseling line is 512-471-CALL (2255).

University Health Services (UHS)

SSB 2.212, 512-471-4955



University Health Services (UHS) provides non-urgent medical services, health promotion and maintenance programs, public heath services, and pharmacy services. UHS also staffs the 24-hour Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-NURS (6877). UHS does not provide services to faculty or staff, so if there is a medical emergency for a faculty or staff member, please call 911.

Behavioral Concerns Advice Line (BCAL)




If you notice a fellow student, faculty, or staff member not acting like him or herself and/or you become concerned about that person's behavior, you may consider calling BCAL at 512-232-5050. BCAL is a joint effort of the Counseling and Mental Health Center, Office of the Dean of Students, Employee Assistance Center, and University Police Department. BCAL is staffed 24/7. For examples of when you might call BCAL, visit their website

University Police Department (UTPD)

UBP, 512-471-4441 (or 911 if calling from a campus phone)



If you are concerned about your immediate safety or that of a student, or feel the someone on campus might be a threat to others, call UTPD. The police also provide non-emergency services such as defensive driving classes, the university’s lost and found office (512-232-9619), and the daily campus watch e-mail. 



Return to top


Academic Resources


Sanger Learning Center

 JES A332A, 512-471-3614



The Sanger Learning and Career Center provides walk-in tutoring, as well as tutoring by appointment, handouts on a wide variety of topics, learning disability screenings, and individual appointments with learning specialists. 

University Writing Center (UWC)

 FAC 211, 512-471-6222



The Undergraduate Writing Center provides university undergraduates individualized, professional advice on all aspects of writing on a walk-in basis or by appointment. Students may request UWC to send you  a note confirming their visit.

Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)

SSB 4.104, 512-471-6259



The primary goal of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) is to support the academic efforts of students with documented disabilities. SSD works with students to identify and facilitate any appropriate accommodations and issues accommodation letters. For faculty information on SSD and accommodations, to go Disabilities Accommodations.


Return to top


Career Planning


Liberal Arts Career Services (LACS)

FAC 18, 512-471-7900



Liberal Arts Career Services (LACS) career coaches help Liberal Arts students construct appropriate resumes, prepare for job interviews, apply to law school, or determine how best to use their liberal arts degrees. Career coaching is by appointment and resume assistance is by appointment or during afternoon walk-in hours.

Vick Center for Strategic Advising

JES A115, 512-471-1217



The Center for Strategic Advising helps students explore major and career interests. Services include career counseling, career testing, and graduate school planning assistance. Career counseling sessions are by appointment.

Health Professions Office

PAI 5.03, 512-471-3172




The Health Professions section of Natural Sciences' Career Design Services provides students with the information necessary to make informed academic and career decisions related to various health professions.


Return to top




Ask Libby



Ask Libby is the online guide to the College of Liberal Arts. It hosts an ever-growing FAQ section for the college as well as an area for submitting questions for topics not covered on the site.

Office of the Registrar

MAI 1, 512-475-7556



In addition to handling registration, the Office of the Registrar produces the Course Schedule, the Undergraduate Catalog, the Graduate Cataolg, the General Information Catalog, maintains student records, reports grades, issues diplomas, and makes classroom reservations.

Office of Admissions

MAI 7, 512-475-7399



While most students interact with Admissions prior to entering the university, the office also handles changes in residency (in state/out of state) and provides transfer equivalencies for most Texas schools, which is useful for students wanting to take summer school or mini-mester courses at other institutions.

Study Abroad Office




The Study Abroad Office Web pages provide specific information about study abroad programs worldwide. The office facilitates posting of credit and grades; maintains data bases of financial aid and scholarships; hosts library resources; offers advising; and oversees the application process. Students must attend an information session prior to scheduling an individual appointment. Walk-in staff advising for certain programs is available as are walk-in sessions with peers during long semesters.

International Student and Scholar Services




The pages for International Student and Scholar Services provide information for international students, students who are here for study abroad programs, and for international visiting faculty. This includes insurance, social security and individual taxpayer identification numbers, taxes, and programs and events.


Office of Student Financial Services

SSB 3.214, 512-475-6203



The Office of Student Financial Services coordinates and manages loan, grant, federal work-study, and scholarship programs from a variety of public and private sources. Counselors see students at the front counter on a walk-in basis and are also available for appointments.


Return to top

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.